February 4, 2009

Emerging Leader Profile – Azure Covington

By Azure Covington

Currently, I am serving as an associate minister in my home church, University Park Baptist Church, in Charlotte, North Carolina with a primary ministry focus on Christian education. However, I view my full time career as a high school teacher and educator as my principal ministry and will continue to primarily serve in this capacity until the Lord sees fit to have me leave there. As a high school educator, I believe God has given me the opportunity to not only teach course content, but to also display love, compassion, and understanding.

Being part of an emerging global Baptist family has helped me feel further connected to my Baptist heritage and develop a greater understanding of what we as Baptists are doing in our communities globally. While I may not always be in constant contact with my fellow Emerging Leaders, it is always a blessing to receive emails in which they share their thoughts and struggles. I feel as if I have friends all over the world who understand my struggles and will help me celebrate the blessings of God.

**Azure Covington is a member of the BWA Emerging Leaders Network and was recognized by the BWA as an emerging global leader in 2007.

No comments: